For children it can sometimes be difficult to find a way to explain what happened in Kerbala. Below are some resources you might find useful.
*Pls note, where it says SERIES, click on the YouTube link to take you to the rest of the videos in the series.*
- Here is a series on Muharram for children that were created during the lockdown period:
- A puppet show series – short and good for younger kids:
- What is Muharram?
- Why attend the majlis of Imam Husayn (as)?
- The Journey of Imam Husayn (a) from Medina to Kerbala:
- A series of episodes for the 10 nights of Muharram:
- The following is a series of powerful videos on each of the main people in Kerbala. The imagery is suitable for young children:
- This video is an overview of the events, with a focus on the sermons that followed:
- This is a series of plays on the main people in Kerbala:
- Sand Art – Kerbala:
- This one is a general simple and short cartoon:
- This is a 4 part series about the life of Abbas (as) in Arabic:
- This is a series called Heroes of Kerbala telling about the companions of Imam Husain (as):
- The Unsung Heroes of Karbala:
- On Kufa and the Entrance in to Shaam:
- On Imam Hussein (as):
- What happened after the day of Ashura:
- This is a series of Masaib that is easy to understand for teens too:
- These animated cartoons of latmiyas are good cartoons to show:
💚 Thank You O' HussainBy Basim KarbalaeiDirected by Abbas Yousefi
Posted by Ahlulbayt TV on Friday, 28 September 2018
This looks like a good full-length cartoon movie:
- Here is a movie on the aftermath of Kerbala – The Caravan of Pride
- Some videos and resources on Bibi Ruqayyah/Sakina can be found here.
- Here is a 4 part series on Muharram drawing workshops: