Sunnahs of Cooking
I really liked this shortlist of things to do when cooking – imagine the impact of that food on our families!
Sharing as seen on someone’s timeline:
SUNNAHS OF COOKING
1. Have wudhu whilst cooking-a person in wudhu is safe from shaitaan, wudhu not only cleanses one externally but it purifies us internally as well by washing our sins off.
2. Have the intention of cooking food solely for the pleasure of Allah and not for people’s praises and compliments- doing so, the cooking will be counted as ibaadat and one will be getting rewards
3. Keep your hair covered- not only to save oneself from the embarrassment of having someone pull out a hair from the food but to keep the angels of mercy present too.
4. Say BISMILLAH when beginning- Allah will fill the food with barkat & noor.
5. Always check the things and be conscious of halal & haram- the one who consumes a single morsel of haram food, his ibadat of 40 days is not accepted
6. Do lots of dhikr & recite durood throughout- the love of Allah &
Prophet Muhammed صلى الله عليه وسلم will enter in the hearts of those who eat the food.
7. Have the pious people partake the food- the pious are the friends of Allah n their duas on your behalf can be readily accepted.
8. Do not waste anything, not even a few grains as Allah hates israaf and this causes reduction in the ni’aamat .
9. When eating any food that was liked by Prophet Muhammed صلى الله عليه وسلم e.g dates, meat, thareed, pumpkin, vinegar etc, make niyyat of sunnat and gain the numerous rewards of following sunnat.
10. Think of yourself & blessing of Allah and that He is the one who has given you the ability to cook and it is he who puts taste in the food.
11. Have your servants partake of the food too.
12. Say Alhamdulillah upon completing as Allah made you the reason of satiating hunger and your ability to do so was from Allah….
Make the whole process of cooking into Ibadah & gain rewards
إن شاء الله