Imam Mahdi (aj) - Idea 11: Celebrate Imam's birthday - at home and with others :)
There is lots we can do to make the day of the Imam’s birthday special and exciting for our children. Here are some ideas:
- In this post, we discussed ways to mark important events at home, such as decorating, baking, etc. Check the post for full details!
- Another lovely idea shared was to have an empty frame somewhere – this signifies his missing presence. It can stay out throughout the year as a reminder also.
- Share his birthday with others! We received this lovely surprise – a family sharing the love and joy of this day through a plate of fun! The letters spell LABAYK – as the mum said: “The kids spent so much time saying it as they iced it, the know it by heart now.”
- One mum baked treats with her kids, then they wrote a poem and a riddle as to who it was from using the Imam’s numbers (the number our Imam is times the number of panjatan add the number of Gods there are) – then we went and sneakily left it on their doorsteps and ran away for them to find and figure out 🙂
- Why not hold a party for your children’s friends in honour of his birthday, with decorations, fancy clothes and yummy food?