Hajj Idea 12: Hold a Hajj Simulation Workshop
We held a Hajj Day at the Children’s Islamic Library!
Children 10 and under were invited to take part in a Hajj Simulation on Wednesday 30th August, 2017. They went through different stations as detailed below:
1. NIYYAH STATION:
Aim: To make them understand the effect of the RIGHT Niyyah – Those that hope to get closer to Allah SWT by doing the RIGHT NIYYAH will find it easy to find their way to the RIGHT direction.
– Magnetise needle in a circle motion
– Place magnetised needle on a piece of paper floating on water (in a bowl)
– The needle will spin until it aligns in the direction of the compass
– Now place non-magnetic material – this will not necessarily face the compass direction
Aim: Emphasise that Arafaah is all about contemplation and ask for forgiveness.
– Ask them to write two bad deeds on the white board.
– Spraying water is like reflecting on the act – it starts to do something but doesn’t totally get rid of it
– With Istaghfar insh Allah will forgive that action
Aim: To prepare our pebbles for Jamaraat and rest under the beautiful night sky. admire Allah’s beautiful creation – The night sky filled with stars and prepare for Jamaraat (pelting the devil).
– Write down 3 (or more) bad deeds on the pieces of papers
– Scrunch up and make it into a pebble to use to pelt at Jamaraat
Aim: Think of our actions and pelt away the whisperings of Shaytaan from inside and outside.
– Get them to throw their pebbles at the Jamaraats
Aim: To give up an action that is not so good so we can get closer to Allah and make Him happy
Remind story of P.Ibrahim sacrificing P.Ismaeel
– They write one (not so good) thing they’ll try to give up for Allah’s pleasure and stick it on the sheep prop.
– Little ones can just stick cotton wool
Aim: Thinking of our days of the week and making Allah central to everything we do
– Do tawaaf around the Kaaba!
7. MAQAM IBRAHIM
Aim: Show Maqam Ibrahim and tell them about P.Ibrahim’s footsteps imprinted on the ground when he stood after building the H.Kaaba. After Tawaaf we pray 2 rakaat Salaah behind Maqam Ibrahim.
– Go through actions of a 2 rakaat salaah.
8. SAEE – SAFA TO MARWA
Aim: To understand that we need to constantly strive in Allah’s way and not give up hope just like B.Hajra!
– Do Sa’ee!
Aim: To get to know other people who also love Allah so much and realise how we are not alone, there are millions of others who are also striving to get to closer to Allah SWT!
– Time to socialise and enjoy!
Alhamdulillah, the children loved learning about the Hajj through this interactive way! There was also a story on Hajj to wrap up the day J