7th Imam - Imam Musa Kazim (as): Ideas to mark his wafat/wiladat
Here are some ideas in which we can mark his important day with children:
- Create a Mystery Box:
Possible ideas of items:
- Black cloth – we wear black to mourn during sad occasions
- The # 7 – explain that he’s the 7th Imam
- An Angry Face – Explain how Imam Kazim (as) was the opposite of anger, but was known to be the one who swallowed his anger and was patient/calm.
- A map with Iraq circled – explain how he’s buried in Iraq.
- Picture of the harem of Imam Kazim (as) – explain how we go to Kadhmayn to do his ziyarat where he’s buried.
- Handcuffs/box, bicycle chain or any chain or mini cage – explain how he was put in a prison for most of his life even though he was such a good Muslim and our Imam, but the ones who made bad choices caused him to suffer.
- A bridge (from legos etc) – Explain how the Imam (as) was left by the bridge.
- Toy bread – Explain how he was given very little food while in prison.
- Janemaz or Du’a book: Explain how despite all the difficulties he endured, he never gave up his faith in Allah and in fact thanked Him, and continued to worship Him even in the prison.
- Books on the 7th Imam: Blessed Names and Heavenly children are some suggestions.
- Online resources on the Imam:
- Kisa Kids Spiritual Season pdf – This includes crafts you can do with children.
- QFatima also has some great resources –
This is a packet on the Masoomen pages 62-68 are on the 7th Imam related to his life and also includes a worksheet.
- Videos on the Imam:
- Ahadith by the Imam to share with your chidlren
* Thank you to Masooma Hydery Kalyan for compiling the original post!