- This is a great overview of the amaal for kids for the 15th Shabaan.
- Below is a Activity Booklet on the 12th Imam – great for children up to 12! Something for them to also do while trying to stay up on the 15th of Shabaan perhaps?!
To download, simply click on the link: shabanactivitybooklet (Author unknown)
- Here are a series of 5 mini-books on the Imam (created by Tasneem Mumen)
- Here is a wordsearch on Imam Mahdi (aj) by Islam From The Start
- The video below has a wonderful activity idea on creating a board about the Imam.
Images needed for this activity are available here.
- One mum put together a word search and questions on Sura Yasin for kids, as we will be reciting it three times on the 15th night. Check it out here.
- Kisa Kids have a whole bunch of resources on the Imam, within their Spiritual Season booklets.
- For older kids, why not get them to make a book just for learnings about the Imam? Then whatever they learn about the Imam can be jotted down or stuck down on there and it can be added to over the years.
- Also for older kids, this journal has a lot of information about the Imam.
Alhamd there is so much out there now for our children to help them benefit from the month. Here is a round up – including both those for purchase, and those available as a free download. I’ve loosely placed them by age, but please note that different resources may suit your child even if they’re not that age!
- Toddler Worksheets by Um Aimen
- Colouring pages to occupy the little ones by Allah to Z
- A Quran based 30 Day Colouring Book by Darul Arqam
- Ramadan Colouring Book
- https://ramadancalendar.ca/downloads/ – has colouring books and more
4 and older
- Kisa Kids have several amazing resources for teaching lessons every Ramadhan. Check them all out here.
- Ramadan Activity Pack (For children under 7) by Homely Hammock
- My Ramadan Diary by Seek Perfection (4-7 year olds)
- Ramadankidz2020 colouring sheets/questions
- Salamoji Ramadhan 2019 Workbook by Zahra Trust
- Salamoji Ramadhan 2020 Workbook by Zahra Trust
- Ramadhan Activity Pack by Smart Ark
- Ramadhan Activity Pack 2 by Smart Ark
- Ramadan Activity Book by CraftZilla Oman
- Learning Roots Ramadan Activity Book
- Ramadan and Fasting Activity Book by Discover Islam Sticker Activity Book
- Family Ramadan Planner
7 and older
10 and older
- Ramadhan Journal by Sh. Azhar Nasser (10 and older)
- Salamoji Daily Dua Book by Zahra Trust
- Ahkam Handbook by Zahra Trust
- 30 Day Shukr Journal by Fatema Meghjee
- Family Ramadhan Planner by Tasbih Project
14 and older
- Ramadhan Diary by The Qur’an Project (Children ages 14 and older)
- Ramadan planner by Lubna Zaidi
- Ramadan Planner by Zahra Kaneezan
- Ramadan Journal 2020 by Jaffari Education
If you know of anymore, send them to me and will add them on inshallah 🙂
Here is the trailer for this movie on the Imam’s mother:
Full movie here
“Realizing that I hadn’t had a sip of water all day, I thirstily made my way to the kitchen with Zainab in my arm. As my mouth salivated at the sight of the ice-cold glass in my hand, Zainab began kicking her legs excitedly. I knew that she wanted some too. Before taking a sip myself, I put it to her mouth. As I was about to quench my own thirst, Ibrahim ran into the kitchen and said, “Mama, I want mayya (water) too!” So I gave him the rest of that glass.
Then a thought struck me. My children are my redemption. If, as the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) narrates, a prostitute can go to heaven for having mercy on a cat, then my children can—God willing—be my key to salvation.”
Read the full article here: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/growmama/spirituality/page-diary-children-redemption/