Day 5 - Eating Habits
DAY 5 (THURSDAY): Have some dates, raisins and/or pomegranate today, drink your water in sips, and don’t eat very hot food.
Subhanallah, we have so much advice from our Prophet on the little things in life 🙂
Here are some of his habits:
– He would drink water in sips and not gulp it down all together.
– He said: “Food that is hot does not have blessings so let it cool.”
– “Olive oil and vinegar are the food of the Prophets.”
– He would have dates and raisins for breakfast.
– There was no fruit more liked by him than pomegranates.
IDEAS to help inculcate this fully and with understanding:
* Talk about the above and what the reasoning may be behind it – maybe a research project for the older ones on the benefits of dates?
* Have some of these yummy fruit today – stick them in their lunchbox, or as an after-school snack!
* We’ve already seen some amazing fruit art 🙂 How about some more edible art with the fruits mentioned above, or an arts and craft activity on the same?
* Check out this awesome poster which highlights some of the important meal time manners in Islam – why not print it out, laminate it, and stick it up in your kitchen as a reminder all-year round?